My first trip to Sin City was my senior year of college. I was twenty-one and we piled a bunch of girls into my parent's minivan for the trip out (it doesn't get much cooler than that!). I think I stayed up all night. I think I went to a club. I think I was inappropriately dressed. I was carded every two feet (I looked 12 at the time). If there were digital cameras back then I would include a few pics from that trip. But alas, it was in the dark ages of 35 mm and I don't know how to work that scanner thing.
Fast forward 10 years. 8 years of marriage, three dogs, and two kids can change the way a lady does Vegas. Although I had a really fantastic time I learned one important thing from the trip: I'm old! I have no idea when it happened. It probably snuck up on me sometime between cleaning poop off of onsies and yelling at my kids to stop yelling. I was preoccupied and KAPOW I'm suddenly complaining that my heels are killing me and I can't wait to take off my supportive undergarments (yeah I'm talking bout you Spanx). Yup, I'm O-L-D.
For those of you still trying to figure out what 35 mm is, I am sure you totally believe I am old. For those of you who don't believe me, here is the evidence that I enjoyed Vegas AARP style:
- I only got carded in the casino one time when, ironically, I was ordering water and not alcohol.
- I was ordering water and not alcohol.
- I was very happy to be in bed before midnight both nights.
- I might have danced to "Whoomp there it is."
- Right after this picture was taken I ditched the heels and put on filp flops. Did they match? Nope. Did I care? Nope. My feet hurt and let's be honest, I'm married so I don't do things like wear heels ALL night.
- Our travel companions kept popping pills. . .for heartburn. Haha Jim and Joanna! I had to poke a little fun. We had a great time with you guys.
|Vegas at dawn (already a million degrees)|
- Here is the view I saw when I left my hotel room in the morning. Coincidentally, this is the view that most people saw when going to their hotel rooms for the night. I think this one has more to do with the fact that I am a morning person and less to do with how old I am.
- My idea of living it up was sitting by the pool (in 50 SPF) reading Bossypants (thank you Tina Fey for the hilarious read).
- Lattes from the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf are at the top of my list of best attractions in Vegas. In my defense, they are ridiculously delicious and I have been in serious withdrawal since I moved to Colorado!
- My husband and I had a conversation about the music being "too loud."
- After seeing a billboard for Thunder from Down Under, I might have suggested that it would be a more appealing show if instead of the men taking off their clothes they did things like unload a dishwasher and fold laundry. Take notes men- housework is sexier than muscles!!
- And lastly, even though I didn't go crazy in Vegas I still need a whole day to recover from the vacation!
More Fun Times:
|Kevin and Jim fully embracing their bromance.|
|No one I'd rather |
|I think we are thinking, "Thank God we don't have to put the kids to bed tonight!"|