Friday, June 24, 2011

There's a new Sheriff in town

Everything is bigger in Texas. . .including me.  It was not Texas' fault really, but I did put on a few extra pounds while on vacation.  I didn't work out very much and I was under the false impression that calories didn't actually count while vacationing (isn't that the way it should be??)  Seconds, sure!  Dessert, let's do it!!  Sit in a car for 16 hours straight, expending no energy, while eating snack after snack, heck yeah!  So as you can see this was the perfect cocktail (oh yeah I had some of those too!) for expanding the waist line.

I also should mention that before this trip things were not going so great either.  The scale had been stuck for a long time.  So long in fact that I was beginning to think that maybe it was just broken (it wasn't).  Plateaus-ville.  Ugh!  Then the scale started moving (Yay)  in the wrong direction (Boo).  So I came back from this trip knowing that I had to take some action or I would be backsliding.  That is not an option because I already gave away my bigger clothes.  I can not give up and put on the fat pants.  They are gone.

So, there's a new sheriff in town.  She is mean, she is tough, and she came to kick butt. No more excuses.  It is time to get serious again about training and losing a few (or many) more pounds.  No more mindless snacking.  No more slacking at the gym.  It is a simple formula.  Calories In vs. Calories Out.  Stick to it.  End of story. . .or I'll have to walk around pants-less. . .which is the last thing you want to do when you have some extra junk in your trunk.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I guess the trip was fun? Then it's ok to splurge and have FUN! Here's hoping that sheriff makes their way to me too :)

    ReplyDelete