Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pop culture phenomenons I just don't get

Michelle Duggar....I just don't get her.  It isn't that I don't understand wanting to have a big family.  I think that works for a lot of people.  I don't get wanting to be pregnant 20 times!!  In case you haven't been pregnant, it is just horrible.  I think being pregnant was the worst....the end result was wonderful, but the being pregnant part just sucked!!  Twice was enough for me!  Oh and potty training 20 kids....not enough money in the world!!!



Kids love this show.  Celebrities love this show.  I don't get this show.  If you have never seen it, I will try to explain:  If Barney mated with Dr. Who, their love child would be Yo Gabba Gabba.  It is like a mix between Mr. Rogers and a bad acid trip.  Or Sesame Street on crack.  It's weird.  But the worst part is that I find myself singing the songs from it.  "There's a party in my tummy!  So yummy!  So yummy!"  Ugh!  If you haven't ever seen it I put a clip below.  You kind of need to watch it to understand the total bizarreness that is Yo Gabba Gabba. 



I gave it a chance.  I did.  I watched the first movie.  It was awful.  I watched the second movie and all I have to say is, "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me."  I wasn't about to be fooled a third or fourth time.  Team Jacob?  Team Edward?  How about Team Normal Human Boy?  If your only two dating options are a vampire or a werewolf, maybe you should just be single for awhile.  What am I missing?  Someone please explain to me the appeal of dating the undead.

I don't get why 100% of fashion is based on the 1% of the population that looks like this.

Can I get an amen!?

It isn't that I don't get these shows...I just don't get the title.  Are any of these women actually "housewives?"  When I think of a housewife I think of someone driving carpool and doing laundry and, you know, actually taking care of their children.  So why "The Real Housewives?"  It would be like naming a vegetarian restaurant, The Steak House. Crazy Rich Chicks, Horrible Women, Cat Fight!, those are titles I would understand.....but not "The Real Housewives."  Is it suppose to be ironic?  Someone help me out. 

Okay, what am I totally off base on?


Tell me the thing you just "don't get."