Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The demotivating effects of H2O(s)

I am a scientist...well actually, I just have a Biology degree and I taught science.  But I will say that I am a woman of science and thus I am always making observation...actually this isn't true either.  I am like the most oblivious person ever...but I have made this observation: there is strong correlation between snow and motivation.  I have made a super awesome scientific graph to showcase this observation:
As you can see, as snow accumulates, motivation diminishes greatly.  You can't argue with the graph, it has labeled axes.  However, I will concede that my sample size was only one and therefore it is not statistically significant (sheesh, I really do need to find a teaching job).

What is it, you ask, that has me talking about my groundbreaking hypothesis (that I may or may not be applying for a government grant to study)?  Well, it is snowing yet again!  It is 10:30 and I am still in my pajamas and I can't seem to get motivated to bundle up myself and two children to make a trek to the gym on icy roads.  Plus, with all the Californians here that don't know how to drive in the snow..oh wait.

I need to go swim.  I need to step away from the nice cozy fire.  Why is it that on sunny days I am up and at em, but when it snows I can barely make myself get out of bed?  Because snow is evil, obviously!

If you are done with winter like I am you need to do yourself a favor and watch this.  It is pretty funny!



Who is over winter???


What zaps your motivation?