Monday, April 18, 2011

The clouds are rolling in


 Yesterday was Sunday, so technically the day I do my long run.  But the only thing running was my nose.  I decided to push back my long run to Monday afternoon hoping I would feel a little bit better.  I am feeling better and I think I will be able to tackle 10 miles again.  However, the weather might not be cooperating with me.  Dark clouds are rolling in and I am not super confident that this run is going to happen today. 

I would like to say I am bummed, but to tell you the truth I have been feeling a little burned out lately.  This half marathon is starting to kick my butt and I have found myself dreading my runs, which is the last thing I want.  I want to enjoy my training and I want to feel re-energized.  But lately I have been feeling run down and empty. Every time I train I take time away from the family and I want that time to be an enjoyable experience.  I love training for events because it keeps me focused and motivates me to not skip workouts.  The downside for training for an event is it is somewhat limiting.  Instead of running because I love it I am running because I am suppose to.  And when you start to think like that it just takes all the fun out of it. 

So I need a shot of motivation and a different perspective.  I need to remember that I signed up for this and it is going to feel so great to cross that finish line.  I don't know if I will do another half marathon, we will just have to see.  What I do know is that I am going to do this half marathon and I am going to do my best to enjoy the rest of this training.  In this next long run (whether it be today or tomorrow) I will focus not only on form but also on attitude because running is just as much mental as it is physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment