Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home Stretch

I have reached the final count down for Tri for the Cure!!!  This Sunday is race day and, I have to say, I think I am ready to totally rock it!

I did my last open water swim yesterday!  It went great and I am feeling more comfortable in the water.  Here is a view of where I swim.
I swim between the rope and the buoys.  I have to avoid the hoodlum teenagers on the rope side and becoming a boat speed bump on the buoys side.
And today I did my last brick.  I averaged 16mph on the bike (but there were very big hills) and 8:49 minute miles for the run.  Good enough for me!

So now I rest and eat pasta!  Woo hoo!!  Here are my race goals for Tri for the Cure:

Swim- under 20 min
Bike-under 40 min
Run-under 30 min
Total race time with transitions- under 1:30

I am very excited and I just hope I don't get a flat tire again this year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment